|If wishes were horses.. or ferrets..
||[Jan. 30th, 2006|10:45 pm]
Don't Buy Every Cute Pet You See Support Group
Hi, my name is evilcresyluna, and I don't need any more pets right now. But I want to know:|
1. What animals would/are you planning to get in the near future? What holds you back?
2. What animals would/are you planning to get if things work in your favor over some time? Same reservations?
3. What animals would you LOVE to get but really doubt you'll ever be up to caring for? Or have the time for?
1. Small parrot. I have a long list of species that I'd get one of tomorrow if I didn't have $0 moneys and no car. Once I get a chance to volunteer at a rescue (closest is 1.5 hours away) I'll have a better idea of what species would suit me, and start planning for that.
2. Some male rats (probably a trio) and ferrets. The trio of rats because I love boy rats, don't feel that they'd be too much to care for in addition to the zoo and seriously want to help one or both of the rescues my current rat girls came from (no breeding, don't worry). The ferrets my bf really wants, and I gotta agree they're cute boogers. If we settle into a house in the next few years, I'd like to have a dog.
3. Sugar gliders, guinea pigs, one of the large parrots (particularly cockatoos or a lorie/lorikeet), a snake. Snakes I love from afar because I'm none too sure that even with frozen/thawed I'd be comfortable keeping rats/mice and a snake, but I do so admire them.
Okay, 'nough of me babbling, next! ;)
That was such a good idea!
1. What animals would/are you planning to get in the near future? What holds you back? I would love, love, love to have more rescue dogs. If I had enough money, I would go back to Costa Rica and rescue some more strays from there. That's where my youngest dog is from. It was expensive, though. I was attending a boarding school there, so I had the time to spend months having Jackson treated for his injuries and illnesses. I had time to pack the pounds on an emaciated dog. I also had time to socialize him. Dogs coming out of Costa Rica and into the U.S. don't need to be quarantined, but they do need to be healthy, vaccinated, and get the 'okay' from a veterinarian before they make the plane trip back to the U.S. It's my dream to start a shelter in Costa Rica since there is an endless amount of stray dogs who have the biggest hearts. I would also love to get more rats. Another horse or two would be nice, too! What holds me back is the fact that I live in my dad's house. I can't get more animals since I've gotten the "no more pets" from my dad more than once. When I'm living on my own, it will be the lack of space and the lack of money that will hold me back.
2. What animals would/are you planning to get if things work in your favor over some time? Same reservations? Pretty much the same answer as above. More dogs, more horses, more rats, and maybe a few other anmals that just happen to come into my life... whether they are rabbits or goats... who knows.
3. What animals would you LOVE to get but really doubt you'll ever be up to caring for? Or have the time for? I'd love to have more horses, as I said, but the expenses are insane. I have one horse, and it costs nearly $1000 a month to board him and have him shod, etc. Animals that I would love to have, but probably won't get... sugar-gliders. They are so cute, but I don't think I'd be able to give them the amount of attention that they needed. I could provide a great habitat, but I wouldn't have the time to give as much attention as they need.