That was such a good idea!
1. What animals would/are you planning to get in the near future? What holds you back? I would love, love, love to have more rescue dogs. If I had enough money, I would go back to Costa Rica and rescue some more strays from there. That's where my youngest dog is from. It was expensive, though. I was attending a boarding school there, so I had the time to spend months having Jackson treated for his injuries and illnesses. I had time to pack the pounds on an emaciated dog. I also had time to socialize him. Dogs coming out of Costa Rica and into the U.S. don't need to be quarantined, but they do need to be healthy, vaccinated, and get the 'okay' from a veterinarian before they make the plane trip back to the U.S. It's my dream to start a shelter in Costa Rica since there is an endless amount of stray dogs who have the biggest hearts. I would also love to get more rats. Another horse or two would be nice, too! What holds me back is the fact that I live in my dad's house. I can't get more animals since I've gotten the "no more pets" from my dad more than once. When I'm living on my own, it will be the lack of space and the lack of money that will hold me back.
2. What animals would/are you planning to get if things work in your favor over some time? Same reservations? Pretty much the same answer as above. More dogs, more horses, more rats, and maybe a few other anmals that just happen to come into my life... whether they are rabbits or goats... who knows.
3. What animals would you LOVE to get but really doubt you'll ever be up to caring for? Or have the time for? I'd love to have more horses, as I said, but the expenses are insane. I have one horse, and it costs nearly $1000 a month to board him and have him shod, etc. Animals that I would love to have, but probably won't get... sugar-gliders. They are so cute, but I don't think I'd be able to give them the amount of attention that they needed. I could provide a great habitat, but I wouldn't have the time to give as much attention as they need.
Awesome post!!! I love it :D
1. What animals would/are you planning to get in the near future? What holds you back?
Near future? A dog. My next pet will be a dog most likely. Probably a mix, a senior from a shelter. I want my first dog to be something... relativley easy. I havn't owned a dog in years and don't want to jump right in with puppyhood. I have to wait because I do not have a)the time b)the finances or c)the lifestyle to support a dog at this time
2. What animals would/are you planning to get if things work in your favor over some time? Same reservations?
I've mentioned this a few times on this community, but I want a chinchilla. I was supposed to have one already but my cats found me instead. Now I'm waiting for the chinny :) I picture myself with a farking zoo one day :D Cats, dogs, little critters, etc. I want a Newfie. That's my dream dog. Reasons why I dont have them are the same as above!
3. What animals would you LOVE to get but really doubt you'll ever be up to caring for? Or have the time for?
a horse and birds of any kind. I will never have enough dedication to be a good bird owner. Ever. Best if I realise that one now eh? And I've always loved horses, I picture myself with a little hobby farm with one horse or two and lots of other animals running around. But I know it'll never actually happen!
1. What animals would/are you planning to get in the near future? What holds you back? I would like a bearded dragon, bahaman anoles, a skink, a lovebird, a pair of budgies, a hairless rat and probably some more dogs. I just don't have the money right now and I'm running out of space. I also want to add a big dog asap.
2. What animals would/are you planning to get if things work in your favor over some time? Same reservations? The next one my list is a 2nd horse. I'm also looking into buying either the budgies, lovebird or rat soon. [im awful, i cant help myself]. Once we get property I will probably add another horse to my menagerie at that point, a pot bellied big, a pygmy goat. i also would like to add a dwarf hotot to my lagomorphy friends.
3. What animals would you LOVE to get but really doubt you'll ever be up to caring for? Or have the time for? I would LOVE to own exotics. A patagonian cavy or capybara. A fennece fox. A cockatoo. I just don't have the time/space/permits/what not for anything exotic. As well as a sphynix cat, bengal, egyptian mau or abyssisian. [i really cant spell right now]
I love pigs! My family had potbellies once upon a time (my family, despite not being vegetarians, have a farm and tended to take in several "we were going to eat him but really can't bear to and we don't have the space for it to be a pet") that were outdoor pets but quite sweet. And then a large white, who despite the fact she weighed at least 200 pounds had been raised with german shepards, so was really sure she was a dog. Though she thought that squicky toy/fetch game was pretty dumb and pittied the labrador who played it. Her name was Pigwidgeon.
1) I am getting a female rat in about 2-3 weeks. Then, I am on the waiting list at three different ratteries for a dumbo rex, preferably a blue. I think I'm gonna have to wait a while for that though. But, by the summer I should have one.
2) A doggie. Actually, my roommate is getting the dog! I'd just help care for it and love it and spoil it. Right now our apartment is too small, but we're moving up in April. If we get a large enough apartment we are going to get a small to medium sized dog. If we end up getting a house with a nice yard we're going to get a medium to large dog. We wanna mutt. A scrappy, adorable, little mutt. :) But if we end up in a small apartment for some reason, this won't work. :(
3) Male rats. I REALLY want some older male rats. I *might* get in contact with my local rescue to see if they have a pair of neutered rats. I'd keep them seperate from the girls, but I'd want them neutered anyway because I have an escape artist, and I wouldn't want any whoopsie babies. :)